Printed on January 3, 2019
For most individuals, the deadline to enroll in 2019 medical health insurance has handed. However there are two methods you should still have the ability to get 2019 protection:
By way of Medicaid or the Youngsters’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- and present free or low-cost well being protection to hundreds of thousands of People, together with some low-income individuals, households and kids, pregnant girls, the aged, and other people with disabilities.
- If eligible, your protection can begin straight away, any time of 12 months. Medicaid and CHIP don’t have Open Enrollment Intervals.
- Learn more about Medicaid and CHIP, including how to apply.
By way of a Particular Enrollment Interval
- Exterior Open Enrollment, it’s possible you’ll qualify for a if in case you have sure life occasions, like dropping well being protection, transferring, getting married, having a child, or adopting a baby.
- If you happen to qualify, you often have as much as 60 days following the occasion to enroll in or change a plan.
- Unsure your life occasion makes you eligible? Just answer a few fast questions to find out.