Printed on August 9, 2018
What’s a pre-existing situation?
- A pre-existing situation is a well being drawback you had earlier than the date that your new well being protection begins.
- Pre-existing situations embrace epilepsy, most cancers, diabetes, lupus, sleep apnea, and lots of extra.
Can a medical insurance firm deny me or cost me extra for my pre-existing situation?
- No. An insurance coverage firm can’t deny you, cost you extra, or refuse to pay for important well being advantages due to any situation you had earlier than your protection began.
- Additionally, Market plans cannot put annual or lifetime limits in your protection.
- Be taught extra about coverage for pre-existing conditions.
Is being pregnant handled as a pre-existing situation?
- Sure. In case you had been pregnant earlier than you utilized, your insurance coverage plan cannot reject you or cost you extra due to your being pregnant.
- When you’re enrolled, your being pregnant and childbirth are coated from the day your plan begins.
- Get extra data on coverage for pregnancy and childbirth.